Outage planning is managed by the Operations Planning Team.
Approach to 2022 outage planning
Our Operations Planning Team have published the approved 2022-23 Annual Outage Plan, which is available below.
These outages can also be viewed in POCP
What we do
We focus on the following areas:
- managing operational risk
- providing information in a timely manner
- identifying, analysing, mitigating and managing risk
- maintaining outage impact information
- producing a Long Range Outage Plan
- collaborating with Works Planning and other stakeholders to ensure a Long Range Outage Plan is developed that includes complex and significant outages
- co-ordinating outages effectively
- maximising asset availability while minimising impacts on customers
- gaining agreement to plan variations
- assuring outages are optimised by collaborating with Grid Works Delivery and other stakeholders
- optimising outages
- assessing, scheduling and agreement of outage requirements
- taking ownership of the end-to-end outage process
- planning grid access
- liaising with stakeholders (Maintenance, Projects, service providers, System Operator and customers)
- distributing operational switching and access requirements in a timely manner.
If you have any questions or feedback on Outage Publication, or would like to register as an Interested Participant, please contact our Outage Planning Team.