Transpower established its Consumer Advisory Panel in 2018 to create a forum for ongoing dialogue with representatives of our diverse consumer base.
We believe that a creating a Consumer Advisory Panel will build closer ties with our communities, grow our levels of trust, and help us be more future-focused and inclusive. We are committed to this engagement being open and honest, and above all being meaningful so that it causes us to change the way we do some things.
- Strengthen Transpower’s connection and trust with our consumers
- Seek and listen to alternate views on our expenditure, operating processes and service priorities, and
- Gain an understanding of consumers’ long-term interests and better integrate these into our business planning.
Our Consumer Advisory Panel
We have established a Consumer Advisory Panel to better understand the needs, issues and opportunities for New Zealanders as the country considers the implications of transitioning to a low-carbon economy.
The Panel bring together a broad and diverse group of people who represent all aspects of society, including those on lower incomes. It acts as an independent advisory body providing us with advice on a range of issues and opportunities.
Information about our Panel members can be viewed here: Consumer Advisory Panel [ pdf 235.7 KB ]
|Ros Rice||CEO, Community Networks Aotearoa|
|Fiona Gower||Rural Women NZ|
|Luke Schwartfeger||Generation Zero|
|Hinemaua Rikirangi||Independent Māori perspective|
|Justine Gilliland||Board Member, Economic Development NZ|
|Tina Schirr||Executive Director, BusinessNZ Energy Council|
|Dr. Paul Smith||Head of Product Testing, Consumer NZ|
|Stephanie Clare||Chief Executive, Age Concern NZ|
|Marilyn Hunt||Independent Facilitator|
Our engagement promise
Read more about our engagement promise [ pdf 185.07 KB ] to those on our Consumer Advisory Panel.
|Location||2021 meeting dates|
Transpower's Wellington office:
Waikoukou, 22 Boulcott St, Wellington, 6011
- November 2020 [ pdf 428.16 KB ]
- September 2020 [ pdf 478.66 KB ]
- June 2020 [ pdf 480.06 KB ]
- March 2020 [ pdf 244.83 KB ]
- November 2019 [ pdf 131.25 KB ]
- August 2019 [ pdf 154.15 KB ]
- July 2019 [ pdf 117.45 KB ]