This page lists resources relating to safety around our lines.
If you see anything wrong with a Transpower line, or someone in danger around a line, phone our emergency 24-hour hotline 0800 THE GRID immediately.
General information notice in relation to the Electricity (Hazards from Trees) Regulations 2003.
- Hazard from Trees Notice [ pdf 39.61 KB ]
This brochure is a guide to safe working practices when working near our underground electricity and associated communication networks.
- Underground cable safety guidelines [ pdf 1.06 MB ]
The Electrical Code of Practice sets minimum safe electrical distance requirements for overhead electric line installations/other works associated with the supply of electricity to consumers.
- New Zealand Electrical Code of Practice for Electrical Safe Distances [ pdf 874.96 KB ]
This brochure provides important information to ensure the safe use of machinery, mobile plant and vehicles near overhead transmission lines.
- Mobile Plant Information Sheet [ pdf 410.28 KB ]
We are committed to making Transpower a leader in safety by achieving injury-free workplaces for our employees and contractors.
- Transpower's Approach to Safety [ pdf 52.17 KB ]
Transpower's submarine 350,000 volt power cables and fibre-optic telecommunications cables lie on the seabed within the Cook Strait Cable Protection Zone. These cables are vital to New Zealand's
- Are you cable conscious? [ pdf 4.94 MB ]
This booklet is a guide to a specially protected area of Cook Strait called the Cook Strait Cable Protection Zone (CPZ).
- Cook-Strait-Cable-Protection 2013.pdf [ pdf 1.96 MB ]
This brochure provides important information to landowners on managing vegetation (particularly trees) near overhead transmission lines.
- Trees and Overhead Transmission Lines [ pdf 297.72 KB ]
Guidance on avoiding electrical hazards in incidents that involve any electricity network or other installations.
- Guide to Electrical Safety for Emergency Personnel [ pdf 2.58 MB ]